Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanksgiving is better than XMas

Tis the season for family and friends and a relaxed state of mind and a sense of the innocence of over-indulgence. Enjoy it now, friends; for soon Christ's birth will be ironically celebrated on the most repulsive commercial and economic activity of the year.

Fuck that.

I'll take dinner with the family. I'll take drinking with the family. I find it ridiculous that we celebrate Jesus on a holiday that pisses family members off over who gets what gifts and the feeling that we have to buy in certain price ranges. She only got you that, and you spent so much on her? He didn't buy anyone anything!

Christmas is a chore, an American economic activity, expected spending from its citizens. With out it, fewer iPods are sold. Fewer pairs of socks. Fewer commercials for toys. Worse stock prices.

We dont give to people because we want to during Xmas. We do it becuase we have to.

I'll take the feast, and be thankful for it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pro-Divorce said...

I agree. I used to hate Christmas. It was the same bullshit every year and finally, I just said fuck it. Sure, it pissed everyone off, but then I did something even better...I had a little boy.

Now, I enjoy Christmas because I'm buying all this cool shit for him, and I honestly don't care about who else gets what. Of course, he just plays with the boxes that all his shit comes in, but the good part is that then I get to play with the toys.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Keir said...

See, I like the part of Christmas that's like Thanksgiving- the big dinner with great food and everyone in the family.

That part's nice.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home